By Lane Douglas, Tennessee National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer
The Federal Junior Duck Stamp Contest is a unique FREE contest that combines art, science and conservation put on by the Tennessee National Wildlife Refuge. At the following link is more specific information about the contest, a correlated curriculum and entry forms for the contest.
- Free program for all K-12 students in Tennessee
- Art contest that incorporates science and conservation of wetlands
- Focus is native North American waterfowl
- $1000 scholarship to Tennessee winner, plus entry into national contest
- Students compete in 4 different age groups
- Awards ceremony for top 100 winners in the state held in Brentwood -25 in each age group
- Sponsored by U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Tennessee partners include Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Foundation, Friends of TNWR, and Ducks Unlimited.
Please share this information with teachers in schools responsible for art, science, or conservation to use as part of their curriculum.
For questions contact Joan Howe by email at Joan_Howe@fws.gov or 731-642-2091 x 303.