Click on any of the stages of the grant cycle for full details.
The Tennessee Arts Commission offers distinct funding opportunities to cultivate the arts for all Tennesseans and their communities.
Eligible applicants include:
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, chartered & headquartered in Tennessee
- Entities of local government including libraries, public schools, municipalities
Most grant funds are awarded once-a-year, while other grants are awarded on an ongoing basis, pursuant to availability of funds.
Eligible applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the application process and grant cycle. Tennessee Arts Commission grants are competitive. Successful applications are clear and thorough, demonstrate value to the community served and outline identifiable goals and measurable outcomes.
The Tennessee Arts Commission reserves the right to deny any application or withhold funding in whole or in part, if the applicant organization programming and activities are outside of the scope or spirit of the Commission’s mission, purpose, or grant program.
Latest Grants News
Annual Grant Deadlines
Deadlines to apply for FY22 Annual Grants are as follows:
- Monday, January 11, 2021 – Application Deadline for Major Cultural Institution, Partnership Support, Small Rural Partnership Support, Small Urban Partnership Support
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021 – Application Deadline for Arts Access, Arts Project Support, Rural Arts Project Support, Arts Education Community Learning, Arts Education Teacher Training, Funds for At-Risk Youth, Creative Placemaking
- Monday, January 25, 2021 – Application Deadline for Individual Artist Fellowship