By Krishna Adams, Director of Visual Arts, Craft, Media and Design –
The Individual Artist Fellowship (IAF) provides $5,000 awards to outstanding professional artists (i.e. those individuals who by education, experience, or natural talent engage in a particular art form or discipline) who live and work in Tennessee. To qualify, an artist must be financially compensated for his or her work, and this compensation must be a significant source of support for their livelihood. No matching funds are required, and no specific project has to be carried out with the funds.
The FY19 categories are:
- Visual Art: Three-Dimensional Work
- Media: Film or Photography
- Dance: Solo Dance Performance or Choreography
- Music: Solo Instrumental Performance
- Theatre: Playwriting
- Literary Arts: Fiction, Creative Nonfiction or Poetry
Help us spread the word to artists by downloading the flyer to hang or hand out.