By Krishna Adams, Director of Visual Arts, Craft, Media and Design –
The Individual Artist Fellowship (IAF) provides $5,000 awards to outstanding professional artists (i.e. those individuals who by education, experience, or natural talent engage in a particular art form or discipline) who live and work in Tennessee. To qualify, an artist must be financially compensated for his or her work, and this compensation must be a significant source of support for their livelihood. No matching funds are required, and no specific project has to be carried out with the funds. Applications are due Monday, January 29, 2018, by 11:59 p.m. CST.
The FY19 categories are:
- Visual Art: Three-Dimensional Work
- Media: Film or Photography
- Dance: Solo Dance Performance or Choreography
- Music: Solo Instrumental Performance
- Theatre: Playwriting
- Literary Arts: Fiction, Creative Nonfiction or Poetry
Help us spread the word to artists by downloading the flyer to hang or hand out.