From Ivan Schustak, South Arts –
Join us for a live online celebration of the 2020 South Arts State Fellowship recipients and the announcement of the $25,000 Southern Prize winner and the $10,000 finalist. The artists will join us from their homes and studios, and we will view their work. A toast will be raised, so please plan accordingly!
Register to attend: https://bit.ly/SouthernPrize
The South Arts Southern Prize and State Fellowships acknowledge, support, and celebrate the highest quality artistic work being created in the American South. The program is open to individual artists living in the South Arts region: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
The 2020 South Arts State Fellowship recipients are:
- Carlton Nell. Opelika, Alabama. Drawing.
- Alba Triana. Miami, Florida. Experimental.
- Fahamu Pecou. Decatur, Georgia. Painting.
- Letitia Quesenberry. Louisville, Kentucky. Multidisciplinary.
- Karen Ocker. New Orleans, Louisiana. Painting.
- Ashleigh Coleman. Jackson, Mississippi. Photography.
- Sherrill Roland. Morrisville, North Carolina. Multidisciplinary.
- Kristi Ryba. Charleston, South Carolina. Painting.
- Bill Steber. Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Photography.
Learn more about the State Fellowship recipients on the South Arts website.
South Arts is the regional organization advancing Southern vitality through the arts. South Arts is committed to practices and funding that create greater cultural equity, represent the diversity of our region, are inclusive of diverse voices and artistic expression, and are accessible to everyone.
Learn more at southarts.org.
South Arts appreciates the many donors and supporters who make this program possible. Thank you.