The purpose of this job is to teach Art to students and lead them toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, social, and psychological growth and maturation.
Other duties to include:
- Plans and develops course of study according to school district and state curriculum guidelines.
- Develops and presents specific lesson plans, using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the Internet. Strives to make learning relevant.
- Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student performances.
- Maintains order in classroom, and in conjunction with administrative staff, administers discipline when necessary to achieve proper behavior. Manages student conduct and disciplinary issues in accordance with district, state, and federal guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Counsels students when academic difficulties or behavioral problems arise. Works with school counselor in helping students to achieve academically, emotionally, and socially.
- Follows established procedures for ensuring students are safe.
- Keeps records of academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation. Reports on all aspects of student development for school records and parents; conducts parent-teacher conferences on both a regularly scheduled and as-needed basis.
- Participates in faculty meetings, professional development, educational conferences and other activities that promote professional growth and student achievement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Information
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with TN teaching certification. Master’s degree is highly desirable.