From Laurie Davis – TN Craft –
Twenty talented craft artists from Tennessee exhibit their work in the Emerging Makers Tent during the 48th annual Tennessee Craft Spring Fair, the largest craft fair of its caliber in the region. The 2019 spring celebration of craft occurs May 3-5, on the lower lawn of Centennial Park.
Spring fair visitors enjoy experiencing the Emerging Makers Tent to see fresh ideas and beautifully crafted work. This stand-alone tent is an exclusive opportunity for Tennessee craft artists interested in launching their craft business to the next level. In this intimate and personal setting, artists from each chapter work together with fellow chapter members and veteran craft professionals/mentors. Emerging artists learn to present new, exciting work, to articulate their process and to increase their professional development. Be sure to make a stop!
- Julie Boisseau-Craig, Rockford (Mixed Media)
- Tracye Sowders, Sevierville (Painting)
- S Barbara Cara, Jonesborough (Clay)
- Lauren Houser, Bristol (Fiber/Textile)
- Bill and Tina Collison, Unicoi (Wood)
- Susan Lawless, Clarksville (Clay)
- Christine Roth, Clarksville (Clay)
- Cesar Pita, Murfreesboro (Clay
- Ellen L. Zink, Nashville (Jewelry)
- Eva Bascompte, Nashville (Clay)
- Mary Crow, Nashville (Clay)
- Brooke Gillon, Nashville (Clay)
- Suzanne Griffith, Nashville (Clay)
- Cheryl Benus, Nashville (Clay)
- Ryan Ghaffari, Goodlettsville (Clay)
- Mirrah Johnson, Silver Point (Fiber/Textile)
- Sandy Miller, Cookeville (Clay)
- Keith Moy, Silver Point (Glass)
- Adele Seitzinger, Spencer (Fiber/Textile)
- Will Winton, Sewanee (Furniture)
As always, this free event is accessible to the public – with free parking and free shuttle service on Saturday and Sunday. Shuttles will run in 15-minute loops from the HCA Parking Lots located on Park Plaza to the Tennessee Craft Fair. Gray Line of Tennessee generously provides this free service. For more details and event info, please visit tennesseecraft.org/springfair.