ARROWMONT SCHOOL OF ARTS AND CRAFTS IS SEEKING AN ANNUAL GIVING MANAGER
Work at Arrowmont! Arrowmont encourages all qualified individuals to apply now for the Annual Giving Manager position:
Department: Institutional Advancement
Reports to: Chief Officer for Institutional Advancement
Position: Full-time, exempt, benefits eligible
Salary: $55,000 annually with excellent benefits
Annual Giving Manager Position Summary
The Annual Giving Manager has primary responsibility for achieving the goals of the Annual Fund/Friends of Arrowmont by growing the donor base, upgrading FOA member support, and strengthening relationships with current donors below the major donor level. Position responsibilities include management, development, and implementation of plans for achieving the goals of the annual fund. This includes, but is not limited to: development of schedule for annual fund campaigns and appeals, annual fund marketing materials development, donor stewardship and recognition, and production of the annual report. The annual giving manager works across departmental lines to assure that annual fund goals are met and that all development materials and work meets the highest possible standards. The annual fund manager supervises the annual giving coordinator. The annual fund manager works closely with the COIA in all areas of fundraising to ensure quality and achievement of goals.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Statement
Arrowmont is committed to creating an anti-racist, diverse, and inclusive workforce and work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Arrowmont strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. Arrowmont is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
To Apply: Send a letter telling how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the position, your resume, four professional references, and three professional writing samples to email@example.com.
Click the link below to view Annual Giving Manager responsibilities, qualifications, and details. arrowmont.org/about/job-opportunities.
KANSAS CREATIVE ARTS INDUSTRIES COMMISSION (KCAIC)
Kansas Department of Commerce is seeking a visionary and pragmatic leader for the position of Director for the Kansas Creative Arts Industries Commission (KCAIC). Kansas Creative Arts Industries Commission is essential to supporting artistic production, flourishing community, and the economy in Kansas by enhancing arts, culture, and creative placemaking opportunities at the community level through programs and initiatives. The KCAIC Director provides direction, leadership, and strategy for the Kansas Creative Arts Industries Commission programs and initiatives, manages the budget and National Endowment for the Arts grants, supervises staff and field representative team, organizes quarterly Commission meetings, and manages the day-to-day administrative functions and activities of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts-related field, Public Administration, Communications; or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in non-profit or relevant organizational operations, or experience as an artist working in the art field.
- Professional experience with non-profit management and/or grant administration, or as a creative artist in dialogue with funding agencies and organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to the arts as part of community life.
As the state’s lead economic development agency, the Kansas Department of Commerce strives to empower individuals, businesses and communities to achieve prosperity in Kansas. Kansas Commerce accomplishes its mission by developing relationships with corporations, site location consultants and stakeholders in Kansas and nationwide. Our strong partnerships allow us to help create an environment for existing Kansas businesses to grow and foster an innovative competitive landscape for new businesses.
Paid Time Off
Vacation/ Sick Leave
$75,000 – *$90,000 * annually
highly qualified candidates
Director of Community Development
Location: Mississippi Arts Commission, Jackson, MS
Position: Executive Director
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
The Mississippi Arts Commission (MAC) is the state’s official grant-making and service agency for the arts. Based in Jackson, Mississippi, MAC is an independent state agency governed by a fifteen-member board. The agency has provided grants and services to Mississippi’s arts and cultural organizations and individual artists for nearly 50 years.
MAC is currently seeking an Executive Director. The executive director reports to a 15-member board of directors appointed by the governor with budget and budget oversight by the Mississippi State Legislature. The executive director is responsible for managing an 11-member professional staff which administers grants programs and develops and manages programs in arts administration, arts education and arts-based community development. The executive director is responsible for managing an annual budget of approximately $3 million derived from state, federal and private funding. The executive director is responsible for strategic planning, public speaking, grants administration, business management and partnership development and other duties associated with an agency director.
The annual salary for the position will be considered based on experience. Benefits include health insurance, participation in the state employee retirement plan, and personal and medical leave.
- Establishes vision, goals, and work plan for 11 member staff.
- Manages 11 member staff with bias toward collaboration, action and results.
- Works with state legislature, other governmental agencies and private entities to secure funds to support the work of the Mississippi Arts Commission.
- Serves as leader and spokesperson for agency programs and initiatives.
- Meets with state leaders to advocate for the arts and arts initiatives.
- Works in partnership with other state agencies and state, regional, or national entities to develop collaborative programs in the arts. Builds coalitions to achieve goals.
- Develops and manages annual budget of agency.
- Develops and executes strategic plan.
- Oversees grant program.
- Engages in public speaking at events and meetings throughout the state or nation.
- Travels to towns throughout Mississippi to meet with local partners, arts leaders, and civic leaders to promote community development through the arts and the creative economy.
- Serves as Mississippi’s arts advocate at community, state, and national level.
- Works with 15-member Board of Directors to develop strategy, policy, and advocacy initiatives for the Mississippi Arts Commission. Is responsive to advice and guidance from the Board.
Required education/work experience
Following are the required levels of education and work experience for this position, as set by the Mississippi State Personnel Board:
A Master’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university and five years of experience in an arts-related field.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university and six years of experience in an arts-related field.
non-required but desirable skills
- Proven record of visionary and creative thinking and leadership.
- Proven record of experience and advocacy in the arts.
- Demonstrates understanding of Southern culture or rural experience.
- Demonstrates creativity in professional and personal life.
- Proven record of effectiveness in managing, motivating and mentoring staff.
- Proven experience in strategic planning and goal setting.
- Proven record of executing projects.
- Experience in developing and managing budget.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, board of directors, legislature, foundations, artists, donors and potential donors and the diverse public served by the commission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking, to interact with a wide range of constituencies.
- Advanced skills to create and deliver informational and persuasive presentations to legislative, foundation and public audiences.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with a bias toward action and timely execution.
- Ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving issues.
- Ability to effectively handle challenging situations and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to use personal computer applications, word processing and other managerial software applications.
- Willingness to travel.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and a list of three references (with full contact information) to MSArtsCommissionED@gmail.com no later than September 30, 2022.
The Mississippi Arts Commission is an equal employment opportunity.
Job Title: Deputy Director
Job Title: Arts Education Program Specialist
Job Location: St. Louis, Missouri – Missouri Arts Council
Job Posting Summary:
Are you passionate about the arts? Do you want to find meaning and purpose in your work? We are seeking dynamic individuals who are committed to high-quality work and enjoy a challenging, fast-paced team environment. These two full-time positions are integral in serving a vast array of partners across Missouri. Grant writing experience is preferred and project coordination experience is a must.
Job Title: High School Visual & Performing Arts Program Coordinator
Job Posting Summary:
The High School Visual and Performing Arts Program Coordinator will work under the supervision of the High School Arts Department Chair to support the overall programming within the High School Arts Department. This position provides administrative support with responsibilities that will coordinate a variety of aspects of the High School Visual and Performing Arts Program i.e. event calendar planning, overall event logistics, promotion, marketing, communications, catering, financial reporting, box office management, and artists/community relations in order to ensure quality programming and smooth-running events. The ideal candidate will have a background and education in the visual and performing arts with previous experience in arts management, the service of events, entertainment productions, and preferably knowledge of the inner workings of an education institution.
Thrive is a fast-paced organization with an innovative company culture seeking a part-time Communications Assistant to support the Strategic Communications Director. The position assists with the production and coordination of creative, informative content that advances the mission and brand of Thrive across multiple platforms including, but not limited to, the website, newsletters, and social media channels. This position requires a strong work ethic, self-starting, digitally savvy individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, who is comfortable with tackling projects independently. Working hours are flexible, not to exceed 25 hours per week.
About the Ensworth HS Arts Program:
For more information:
Job Title: Part-Time High School Visual Art Teacher
Job Posting Summary:
Ensworth School seeks an experienced visual art teacher to join its high school faculty and teach two sections per semester. The ideal applicant will have three or more years of teaching experience in studio art and/or ceramics and the demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with students and colleagues. Interested candidates may also provide administrative support by coordinating various aspects of the High School Visual and Performing Arts Program. Above all, the successful applicant will have demonstrated a commitment to the principles expressed in the Ensworth Vision Statement, executing their role with moral integrity, intellectual vitality, discipline, compassion, humor, and joy.
For more information, visit the job posting: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=107331&clientkey=488B30FF092206DCF9F9106E6631DFB2