From Suzanne Lynch, Director of Marketing and Development –
Know anyone who would be interested to work for TN Arts?
The Tennessee Arts Commission seeks a full-time Director of Communications and Marketing. Under the supervision of the Commission Executive Director, this position develops and leads agency-wide communications and public relations, branding and integrated marketing and promotions of the specialty license plate program. See tnartscommission.org for information about the agency.
1. Communications and Public Relations. Oversee and manage agency communications, public relations, and public infor- mation resulting in maintaining a cohesive, transparent, reputable voice and tone that reflects the agency mission. Key products include 3-5 weekly posts for the agency blog, Facebook and Twitter accounts; weekly newsletter; e-blasts to variety of audiences; news releases; speech-writing and presentations for Executive Director; daily media monitoring; responses to public information inquiries; maintain and build audience databases; manage media request and event-related communications.
2. Branding and Integrated Marketing. Oversee, develop and manage the agency brand resulting in maintaining a relevant, consistent and aesthetic look and feel that reflects the agency mission. Key products include managing, creating content and overseeing updates and improvements for five agency websites; training staff on website’s Content Management System and approving all staff content for websites; developing agency collateral (copywriting, graphic design or vendor supervision) for a variety of agency programs in collaboration with arts program directors; maintain and update agency brand toolkit; oversee video production and distribution as needed.
3. Marketing and Development of Specialty License Plate Program. Oversee, develop and manage the Specialty License Plate marketing to continue building public awareness, encourage promotion by grantees and grow sales. Key products include marketing projects, promotional toolkits for grantees, collaborations with the Tennessee Department of Revenue and other spe- cialty plate beneficiary agencies or organizations.
4. Represents the Commission at local, state, regional, and national meetings
5. Acts creatively as part of the Commission team to identify and implement strategies to cultivate the arts for the benefit of all Tennesseans and their communities
7. Serves as a resource for management and staff, providing professional communications, marketing and branding guidance when requested
8. Generates public support for Tennessee arts and culture
9. Prepares records and reports
Skills and Knowledge Required
• A Bachelor’s Degree and three years’ experience in is required.
• In-depth experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Understands state and national trends in communications and marketing
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and collaborative initiatives, and carry projects
through to successful completion.
• Highly organized and detail oriented required.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Licensed to operate a motor vehicle and available for travel.
• Knowledge and ability to utilize office equipment and computer software including Microsoft Office.
Skills and Knowledge Desired
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university and significant professional experience in communications, publicrelations, branding and/or integrated marketing is desired.
- A background in the arts is desired.
- Experience with Final Cut Pro is desired.
- Experience with videography and video editing desired.
- Experience in managing online databases desired.
Project portfolio and writing samples may be requested
- Works in non-smoking state office in downtown Nashville. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most Commission staff are currently working remotely until further notice. Commission staff will be required to return to work in state office located in Nashville per guidance and directives from the Governor and/or the State of Tennessee.
Salary: Based on experience. First step of range $57,228
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Copy the Job Title above and paste into the “Search State of Tennessee Jobs” field. Click the Search button (>>).
4. The Job displays in your search results. Select the Job and click the “Apply for Job” button to view the job description.
5. Review the job description and select the “Apply for Job” button to begin your application.https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here/external-candidate.html
If you are a current employee of the State of Tennessee please instead use the following link to log into Edison: