Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, grantees may experience changes to the budget and/or scope of their FY22 project grants, occurring between July 1, 2021 to June 15, 2022. Changes will be approved on a case-by-case basis and only as a one-time exception during FY2022 due to COVID-19.
Grantees are encouraged to complete projects as proposed in the application. If unable to do so, grantees may request the following Project Adjustments:
- Execute a similar but alternative arts project (e.g. virtual project with the same project outcomes and participants)
- Execute a different but equivalent arts project (i.e. different outcomes and participants)
- Use up to $5,000 of the grant funds for technology purchases and/or adjustments to deliver services (note: Non-arts organizations must be able to connect technology expenses to arts outcomes and ensure virtual project activity, and unit price for purchases must not exceed $5,000.)
- Video recording supplies
- Sound recording supplies
- Technical services companies / technician salaries
- Software purchases or subscriptions (e.g. online meeting platforms)
- Arts organizations convert project expenses to operating expenses to achieve arts and potentially non-arts outcomes
Please contact your program director to discuss the details of the newly-proposed project.
To avoid double-dipping, grantees with multiple grants must ensure that grant expenses and match for the same type of line items from their different TN Arts grants (e.g. permanent staff salaries for two separate grants) must be for separate and distinct projects or activities. See language D.15. in the grant contract for documentation and reporting requirements related to record keeping for these expenses.
Regardless of project changes, organizations receiving American Rescue Plan (ARP) funding, which is intended to support the arts sector as it recovers from the devastating impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, must use the ARP portion of the grant to cover eligible expenses according to the ARP guidelines below:
- Salary support, full or partial, for one or more staff positions.
- Fees/stipends for contractual personnel to support the services they provide for specific activities. Jobs or positions supported through ARP may be existing or new.
- Facilities costs such as rent and utilities, e.g., electric, phone, gas bills. Not to include upgrades to HVAC/ventilation systems. Note: Costs related to home offices are unallowable.
- Costs associated with health and safety supplies for staff and/or visitors/audiences (e.g., personal protective equipment, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, etc.).
- Costs associated with marketing, promotion, and applicant/grantee technical assistance.