Submitting an Evaluation & Request for Funds
IMPORTANT: The STS Evaluation & Request for Funds must be submitted online in the Online Grants System using these instructions following the event or project. Failure to do so may result in the grant not being funded. Additionally, the TN Arts Commission will not send a check to the school until the project takes place and the STS Evaluation is submitted. Schools are responsible for making payment arrangements with the artist or arts group. The artist or arts group may request that the school make payment up front before the school receives the grant money from the TN Arts Commission following the project.
DEADLINE: The STS Evaluation must be completed no later than 30 days after the STS field trip or artist visit or by June 1, 2021, whichever comes first. Failure to do so by June 1, 2021 may result in the school not receiving the STS grant funds.
2. Login using the same username and password that was registered to submit the Student Ticket Subsidy application awarded funding.
3. The STS Evaluation will be found in the Grants Management – Reports Due link on the left-hand menu of the Online Grants System. Click on the “STS Rolling Grant Evaluation | Student Ticket Subsidy (STS)” with the correct grant number corresponding with your award letter. Then, click “Edit” in the top right-hand corner. Complete all sections and submit electronically NO LATER THAN June 1, 2021. We encourage you to submit no later than 30 days after your event.
4. Complete each of the following sections.
Request For Funds
- Contact Person
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone
- Amount of Grant Award Used for Artist Fee/Ticket Funding: This amount is the agreed-upon fee that is owed to the artist or arts group for the STS event/project. It should be equal to or less than the Artist Fee/Ticket Funding Request from your STS application.
- Amount of Grant Award Used for Travel Funding: This is the amount of funds used for gas and/or buses to travel to STS Event/Project. It should be equal to or less than the Travel Funding Request from your STS application. This does not include travel costs for the artists which should be rolled into the amount paid to the Artist/Arts Group.
- Total for Event/Project
Federally Required Reporting
- Number of Adults Engaged
- Number of Children/Youth Engaged
- Total Individuals Engaged
- Artists Directly Involved
- Total Student Population of School
- Venue Name & Address: Enter the location of where the project/activity took place.
- Actual Project/Event Start & End Dates
- Number Days Project/Activity Occurred
- Populations Benefited by Race/Ethnicity, Age, and Distinct Groups: For the next three questions, select all categories that, by your best estimate, made up 25% or more of the population that directly benefited from the award during the period of support. These responses should refer to populations reached directly, rather than through broadcasts or online programming.
- Agree/Disagree – Did the Student Ticket Subsidy project:
- Expose students to a high-quality arts performance, exhibit, and/or artist?
- Allow students hands-on participation in the art form through creating, dancing, acting, singing/playing an instrument, and/or writing?
- Align content presented with arts and/or non-arts curriculum standards?
- Include student assessment in the arts and/or non-arts subjects?
- Increase appreciation for and/or deepen student understanding in the arts?
- Increase appreciation for and/or deepen student understanding in the non-arts subjects?
- Other project outcomes/comments: Expand upon your feedback from above or provide additional comments about the project, artist, etc.
- Would you apply for the STS funds in the future?
- Name and Title: Provide this information for the person completing the STS Evaluation.
- Certification: Click the “I certify” button to agree that the information you have provided is correct.
REQUIRED– Please upload applicable STUDENT-TICKET-SUBSIDY-ARTIST-INVOICE-FORM and/or transportation receipt. Do not submit the Evaluation without an artist invoice and/or transportation receipt.
5. Once you have completed all sections of the evaluation, click “Save” at the bottom of the page. Then, click “Submit.” NOTE: If you did not complete all required sections, you will receive a compliance warning to go back and fix it. Once the report is successfully submitted, you will see the report in the Grants Management – Submitted Reports link on the left-hand menu of the Online Grants System.
Please note that the school is responsible for paying the artist or arts organization and/or transportation costs associated with the project. Once the STS Evaluation is completed correctly, the Tennessee Arts Commission pays the school the grant. For questions about submitting your STS Evaluation, contact the following Commission staff member and be sure to include the Application ID for the application/grant you are referencing:
Ann Brown, Director of Arts Education, firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-532-5939