From Hal Partlow, Associate Director of Grants –
This year’s Leadership Exchange in Arts and Disability (LEAD®) Conference is coming to Atlanta, Georgia August 9-11. The Tennessee Arts Commission is offering Special Opportunity grants for the costs of registration fees, travel and hotel stay. The grant application deadline is Tuesday, July 10 by 11:59 p.m. CST.
The grant will provide:
- up to $500 for individual applicants who reside in Tennessee, or
- up to $750 for organizational applicants registering a minimum of 2 or more staff, or
- up to $750 for artist duos, groups or ensembles who reside in Tennessee (for artists who perform in an ensemble of 2 or more individuals and are performing at an official showcase for the event).
Coming together to explore practical methods for implementing accessibility in cultural environments, LEAD® provides professional development for:
- Accessibility Managers and Coordinators
- Box Office and House Managers
- Outreach and Education Coordinators
- Patron and Visitor Services Managers
- Facilities and Operations Managers
- Exhibition Designers
- State and Local Government ADA/504 Coordinators
- Marketing and Audience Development Directors, and
- State Arts Commission/Council Accessibility Coordinators
This grant opportunity will be funded on a first-come, first-served basis and will close when all funds are allocated or by the deadline, whichever comes first.