Sound Garden at Swift Park
Town of Rogersville installed custom outdoor percussion instruments at Swift Park to create a Sound Garden. The park is the former site of the Swift Memorial Junior College, an African American Presbyterian college that was in existence from 1883-1952. The Sound Garden was a part of planned enhancements to the park including updated playground equipment, bathrooms, and an expanded basketball court. Partners included the Rogersville Hawkins Chamber of Commerce, Rogersville Main Street Program, the Price Public Community Center, the Swift Museum, Hasson Street Christian Church, East Rogersville Baptist Church, Chip Hale Center, and the Rogersville Art Council.