From Sidney Schuttrow, Tennessee Commission on Aging and Disability –
We are excited to announce a new volunteer opportunity through our Tennessee Person-Centered Music Program. The Tennessee Person-Centered Music Program offers residents at participating Tennessee nursing homes individualized music as part of their care. This volunteer role will allow you to be trained as a Music Manager to help improve the lives of older adults in nursing homes by virtually creating personalized playlists.
The upcoming Music Manager training is FREE and is self-paced using an online training software. The training has two main components that will be completed from September 27 – October 8. Attached is the training flyer, volunteer application to attend and volunteer role description. It is important you look at all three of these documents to better understand the duties and responsibilities of this important role.
1) Assist a minimum of 5 nursing home residents complete a personalized music playlist within 8-weeks of completing training.
2) Must be 18 years of age or older.
3) Must have access to an ad free music streaming service such as Apple, Spotify, Tidal, etc.
4) Must have access to a computer with a virtual platform such as Zoom, TEAMS, etc. with sound sharing capabilities.
Music Manager training timeline:
- September 24, 2021 – Application to attend training due
- September 27 – October 6, 2021 – Complete online modules
- October 8, 2021 – Attend MANDATORY webinar from 10:00a -11:00a CST (11:00a-12:00p EST)
Please feel free to send this information to anyone you feel would be interested in becoming a Music Manager. Applications to attend this training are due no later than Friday, September 24th. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me or program coordinators Amanda Boulware, Amanda.Boulware@tn.gov, 615-253-5206 or Hanna Counts, Hanna.Counts@tn.gov, 615-313-6679. We look forward to this new training opportunity and working with you to help improve the lives of older adults across the state.