From Leonardo Vazquez, Creative Placemaking Communities –
Deadline: February 1, 2022
Creative Placemaking Communities has a request for proposals to host the 2022 South Creative Placemaking Leadership Summit. Any community in these states is eligible to host: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. The deadline is February 1, 2022, for a Summit that is expected to take place in early to mid-November.
- South Summits typically bring together 250 to 350 professionals from the worlds of arts and culture, community and economic development, government, grantmaking, community planning and placemaking, and tourism.
- South Summits are designed to attract participants from throughout the Southeast.
- Plan to hold the South Summit over 2-5 days in early to mid-November. The Summit will be hybrid (partially online and partially in-person).
- Summit hosts are expected to help us plan the event and any local activities, and get some financial and in-kind support, promote the event through their networks.
- Prefer to hold the Summit in a place that is walkable and has activities and spaces that would be interesting to creative pacemakers.
- Prefer to be in a place that is relatively close to an airport or train station.
- Two important factors considered are: 1) who else in your community will be involved (the more parts of your community are represented on your team, the better), and 2) how much financial and in-kind support you think can be provided by late Spring 2022.
You can find the info page and link to the RFP here: https://cpc.cpcommunities.org/cpls22south
The 2022 South Summit is produced by South Arts and Creative Placemaking Communities.