(AA-MG, AA-TOUR, AE-MG, AE-TI, PDS, SPECOP, TA, TOUR)
May 1: All guidelines go live for the following fiscal year.
June 1: Applications go live for the following fiscal year.
July 1: Grant Funds available for allocation. Each grant category has a limited amount of funds available every fiscal year. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until all funds are depleted.
Grant Contracts: Sign and return both signed contracts as soon as you receive them. First time applicants also must provide a W-9 and ACH direct deposit form.
Funds request: Rolling Grants are reimbursement grants. To request funds, grant recipients must fill out the Evaluation in the eGrant system. This should occur after the project/activity is complete, but NO LATER than 30 days after your project end date or June 15, whichever comes first. Instructions for accessing the Rolling Grant Evaluation in the eGrant system are below. The Evaluation will be available only if your application is funded.
Grant Award Notification
Rolling Grant awards are announced by a Grant Award Email. This notification contains very important information and instructions on how to manage your grant. Make sure to read it thoroughly and carefully as it contains the amount of your grant award.
Grant Contract Packet
The Commission will send you a Grant Contract Packet. The packet will contain two copies of the grant contract. Sign both AND return both to the Commission. If you wish to receive payment electronically, complete the ACH Direct Deposit Form and return directly to the Department of Finance and Administration as directed. In approximately 4-6 weeks, you will receive one of the contracts back with the required signatures.
- All rolling grants are paid as reimbursements after the activity is complete.
- Once the Tennessee Arts Commission receives both copies of your signed contract and your project/activity is completed, you may then request grant funds.
- Grants must be closed out no later than 30 days after the project ending date or June 15, whatever comes first. Closing out the grant in a timely and efficient manner is vital to your continued success as an Arts Commission grantee. The applicant’s ability to manage grants, including submitting forms on time and documenting how funds are spent, becomes part of your funding history and is reviewed each time you submit a new application. It is important to future funding that the applicant maintains integrity throughout the grants management process.
- Submit proof of Tennessee Arts Commission credit: a brochure, poster, newspaper article, program, etc. that shows the Arts Commission logo and gives credit to the Commission for funding. See LOGO USAGE AND CREDIT MATERIALS section for further information.
- Go to the eGrant system
- Login using the same username and password that was registered to submit the Rolling Grant application that was awarded funding.
- In the “Drafts” folder, click the box next to TAC Rolling Grant Evaluation that has a title that corresponds to the Rolling Grant project/event that you were awarded funding. It should look like the example. (Note that the Evaluation has been submitted when it appears under the “History” folder.)
- Complete each of the Evaluation sections. Within the “Assurances” section you will:
- Certify that: 1. the information contained in the report is accurate to the best of your knowledge, 2. the statement of costs for this grants project is true and correct, and 3. appropriate documentation to support these costs and expenditures are on file.
- Upload the following items, dependent upon what type of rolling grant you have been awarded:
- For Arts Access Mini-grants, Arts Access Touring, Arts Education Mini-Grants and Touring grants, upload documentation of use of Tennessee Arts Commission credit.
- For Arts Education Teacher Incentive grants, Professional Development grants, Special Opportunities grants upload receipts for documented expenses (except travel by vehicle, which is calculated by mileage), and proof of attendance.
- For Technical Assistance Grants, upload a copy of the consultant’s report (if applicable).
- If the grant award funded attendance at a conference, meeting, convening, etc. upload proof of attendance at the event (name tag, on-site registration, photograph, etc.).
- If any payments on the itemized expenditure sheet were paid in cash, receipts must be uploaded to verify payment.
- Once you have completed all sections of the evaluation, click “Save” at the bottom of the page. NOTE: If you did not complete all 6 sections, you will receive a notification to go back and fix it.
- After clicking “Save” and the “Next” buttons, this will take you to the “Check and Submit” page. Click the Submit button to submit your Rolling Grant Evaluation.
- For questions about submitting your Rolling Grant Evaluation, contact the appropriate Commission staff member:
- Technical Assistance, Special Opportunities, & Professional Development Support grants, contact Hal Partlow, 615-741-2093.
- Arts Education Mini-Grants & Arts Education Teacher Incentive grants, contact Ann Brown, 615-532-5939.
- Arts Access Mini-Grant contact contact Kim Johnson, 615-532-9797.
- Touring grants (with the exception of Arts Access Touring Grants) contact Jared Morrison, 615-532-9801.