Required Annual Training
The grantee shall comply with all requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act 1964, including annual training of grantee or grantee organization employees utilizing materials provided by the State. Tennessee public school grantees may meet the requirement through Title VI training system of the Tennessee Department of Education. Written documentation of training shall be maintained for a period of three (3) full years from the date of the final payment under the grant and shall be subject to audit at any reasonable time and upon reasonable notice by the state agency, the Comptroller of the Treasury or duly appointed representatives.
Title VI Nondiscrimination Training Requirement & Instructions
To comply with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin for entities which receive federal funds, annual nondiscrimination training is mandatory for all Tennessee state agency grantees as shown in contract section A.6. Each organization should have a dedicated staff person or volunteer who is monitoring Title VI compliance issues.
- Annual grantees must complete Title VI training by December 8, 2017, in the Online Grants System and/or by the first request for payment, whichever is first.
- ABC Grants are required to submit Title VI training by September 30, 2017, in the online grants system. Title VI forms will be reviewed for completeness by the Designated Agency for your grant.
- Rolling Grant recipients must submit training at the time of application submittal through the Online Grants System. Note: if you are applying between June 1-30, 2017, FY18 Title VI training and certification form will be due after July 1 and before your project activity.
- STS recipients will be verified through the Tennessee Department of Education’s Title VI requirements. If a school or district has not completed training, they will be notified and required to complete the Tennessee Arts Commission’s Title VI training.
- Individuals receiving Rolling Grants do not need to complete.
Documentation should be kept on-site for three years.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE TITLE VI CERTIFICATION FORM:
- Log into the Online Grants System using your Username and Password.
- In the Online Grants System’s menu bar at the left, select “Documents Library.”
- In that file, select “FY18 Title VI Form” and save it on your computer.
- Fill in all fields on the Title VI Training Certification form. All staff should view one (1) of the following training options: (only pick one)
- Module I (approximately 26 minutes)
- Module II (approximately 26 minutes)
- Module III (Part 1 and 2, each approximately 4 minutes)
- Module IV (approximately 24 minutes with closed captioning available)
- Remember: Complete only one form listing the staff who have completed training and enter the final percentage of staff trained.
- Save a copy of this form to your computer.
- Log into Online Grants System if you’re not already in and open “organization” profile.
- Hit “Edit” at the top and scroll down to “Documents.” Hit the “blue plus circle” button near Documents and upload the Title VI form.
- Before exiting the “organization” profile, hit “Save” at the bottom right-hand corner.
All grant funds will be held until training requirements are met.
If you have any questions, please contact Title VI Coordinator Kim Johnson at Kim.Johnson@tn.gov or 615-532-9797.