Required Annual Training
The grantee shall comply with all requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act 1964, including annual training of grantee or grantee organization employees utilizing materials provided by the State. Tennessee public school grantees may meet the requirement through Title VI training system of the Tennessee Department of Education. Written documentation of training shall be maintained for a period of three (3) full years from the date of the final payment under the grant and shall be subject to audit at any reasonable time and upon reasonable notice by the state agency, the Comptroller of the Treasury or duly appointed representatives.
Title VI Nondiscrimination Training Requirement & Instructions
To comply with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin for entities which receive federal funds, annual nondiscrimination training is mandatory for all Tennessee state agency grantees as shown in contract section A.6. Each organization should have a dedicated staff person or volunteer who is monitoring Title VI compliance issues.
All employees should understand and practice non-discrimination. The FY2017 Title VI training & certification form is available below. Click on the link and download a copy of the form to your computer. Please review the training module and complete the on-line certification.
- Annual grantees must return a printed copy with your first request for payment or no later than December 16, 2016 in eGrant.
- As of November 16, 2016, Rolling Grant recipients must submit training with the submitted contract through the new Online Grants System.
- ABC sub-recipients, STS recipients and individuals receiving Rolling Grants do not need to complete.
Documentation should be kept on-site for three years.
How to complete the Title VI Certification form:
- Click on the link below and download the form to your computer. You will need Acrobat Reader to open the form on your computer
- Fill in all fields and save. Label the .pdf with your organization name and Title VI form
- There are three training options — only pick one
- View the training video then go back to your form in Acrobat Reader
- Check the certification box and enter the names of people who have viewed the training.
- Enter the percentage of staff who have been trained.
- Save and print a copy of the certification for your records.
- Submit the training certification form online with through either eGrant or the new Online Grants System, whichever your grant is currently in.
All grant funds will be held until training requirements are met.
If you have any questions, please contact Title VI Coordinator Kim Johnson at Kim.Johnson@tn.gov or 615-532-9797.